Technorati search

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken

A family favorite any time of the year.

Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken

3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen) (also works well with pork)
1 C ketchup
4 T brown sugar
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T soy sauce
1 T vinegar
1/2 tsp each garlic and onion powder
1 tsp liquid smoke

Mix all ingredients except chicken in crock-pot. Add the chicken, coating each piece with the sauce. Cook on high 3-4 hours until no longer pink. Shred/pull apart the chicken with two forks and nicely coated with the sauce. Turn heat down to low and cook until ready to serve. Serve on buns. This can easily be doubled or even tripled for a large group.

5 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Melissa O. Markham said...

Amy,

I enjoyed reading all of these recipes. I'll have to wait a while to try any of them due to the diet I am on, but I am having to be careful not to drool onto my keyboard;)

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Amy said...

What type of diet are you on? I am currently on weight watchers but with that plan you can pretty much eat anything in moderation.

LMK and I will see if I can come up with some recipes that you can have too!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Melissa O. Markham said...

Thanks for asking, Amy. I am going to NeWeigh and it is a 'stricter' diet. I have done Weight Watchers and it is a great program, but there is too much flexibility for me. I need more structure. So I have a 'small' list of things I can choose from that grows as I advance through the program. So far I have lost 32 pounds since Thanksgiving:) I eat mostly salads (heavy on veggies and lettuce, some type of protein, and no dressing). Once I reach my goal, then I plan to switch to a WW style program and hopefully by then I will be able to handle moderation;) But if you have any chicken recipes without salt, caffeine or sugar, I would be interested. Fish too:)

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Congrats on the loss, good job! I have lost 31 since August on the WW plan.

I will look through my files and see what I can come up with for you!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Melissa O. Markham said...

Thanks, Amy! And congrats on your weight loss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home