Technorati search

Friday, February 10, 2006

Pumpkin Spice Bread

Pumpkin spice bread - (otherwise known as thrasher bread LOL)

Ingredients:
3 c. sugar (crazy I know but what d'ya do)
1 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 can (16 oz.) solid pack pumpkin (and make sure you don't slice your fingers open on the lid )
3-1/2 c. flour
2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1 t salt
1 t ground cinnamon
1 t ground nutmeg
1/2 t ground cloves
1/2 t ground allspice
1/2 c water


Directions:
1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil, and eggs. add pumpkin and mix well (I just hand mix this whole recipe and wisk if I get lumps).
2. Combine dry ingredients; add to the pumpkin mixture alternately with water. pour into 2 greased 9x5x3 loaf pans.
3. Bake at 350 for 50-70 min (just keep an eye on it) or until bread tests done. cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. ** I prefer to use mini loaf pans because when I use the reg. sized ones, the edges get done long before the "guts". with the mini loafs, I can give some away and they just turn out much nicer. 2 mini loaf pans should do it. I have one and use it twice. I cook it at the same heat for about 20 min or so.


Healthier Twist
I have played around with this recipe a lot & it still test great! But for a healthier way add 1 cup of applesaouce & cut the oil & the sugar in half. And I usually add choc.chips on it, but that probably doesn't help if you are trying to cut out the sugar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home